Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big threads delete !!

How
    We are trying to remove some big threads from our site but each topic that has more that 1000 posts can not be deleted and when we click remove thread (physically) server can not complete process. How can I fix this?

Thanks

you can delete it by running a sql command through mysql. something like
    Code:

DELETE * from posts WHERE threadid = $yourThreadID
    I am not sure if that goes faster, but try at a test database and see how it goes.
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

Have you tried deleting posts to reduce the total number of posts. For example:

1) Go to last page on thread
      2) Next to thread tools click down arrow
      3) Select All
      4) On the bottom where is says Moderation
      5) Select Delete Posts
      6) Go

Repeat until the post count for the thread is a lower number and then try deleting the entire post the normal way.

On my forum I never allow threads to go past 500 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dody View Post
        you can delete it by running a sql command through mysql. something like
        Code:

DELETE * from posts WHERE threadid = $yourThreadID
        I am not sure if that goes faster, but try at a test database and see how it goes.
        You would not want to delete posts directly because you will have orphaned attachments and other problems.

Comment

Hi
          Thank you very much
          But I found out that each thread with huge posts cont can be deleted but it takes time. I tried to remove a thread with 26000 posts. After a few minutes it stopped. Then I saw that thread is still alive. But after I closed page and returned there the thread was deleted.

Bu after I deleted 300000 posts when I go to my cpanel and mysql databases the size of database not increased !! Why?

thanks again

Comment

To clear out some overhead run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi
              Is that better to repair tables in admincp or in hosting Cpanel?

Comment

It doesn't matter. They are the same process.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X