Help! Can't make polls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Can't make polls!

I don't know if this is the right section to post this in, if not please refer me to the right place.

My forum works throughout from what I have seen, except for creating polls and vBookie.

When I create a new thread and click the add a poll feature and then submit I get this error:
    Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
    I just rebuilt bitfields trying to get vBookie to work.. not sure if this may have messed something up? I did not test the polls before I tried this.

Thanks!

First, try turning GZIP off here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> GZIP HTML Output -> No

Sometimes this problem is caused when your server is already using GZIP and by turning this on in vB you were double compressing. This causes problems with some pages but not others. It also happens to some people and not others.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      First, try turning GZIP off here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> GZIP HTML Output -> No

Sometimes this problem is caused when your server is already using GZIP and by turning this on in vB you were double compressing. This causes problems with some pages but not others. It also happens to some people and not others.

Thanks Steve! Now it works but I still get this error while it is moving to the poll creation page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/xx/myurl.com/a/newthread.php(271) : eval()'d code on line 15
      It shows up at the top of the page, but the poll appears to work perfectly

Comment

This error is from a plugin you've installed. You need to disable each of your plugins then turn one at a time to see which one is causing this.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          This error is from a plugin you've installed. You need to disable each of your plugins then turn one at a time to see which one is causing this.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins
          Thanks again, I guessed which plugin it was on the first guess . You have been a big help, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X