Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I agree it should be stronger. Please feel free to make a feature request here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Leave a comment:

• Norskman
    started a topic Delete spammers

Delete spammers

I know this has been asked over and over but reading the threads I don't see a definite answer from devs other than "stop the spammers from registering in the first place".

This is great and all but as it may be I've upgraded one of my boards from 2.3.0 to 3.8.3 and it was hit pretty good by spammers. So I have lots of users in my database and no real easy way to get rid of them.

Why is the prune user tool so incredibly weak compared to the find user tool? The find user tool has a strong arsenal of search terms. The prune user has 5, of which none are really useful for searching your user database and finding the spam accounts.

Sure I can use find users to weed them out but even then I have to delete or ban them one by one. I don't feel confident enough to use MySQL to query the accounts and delete them.

Are there any plans to upgrade the prune tool possibly to help your customers fight off spammers and manage their databases?