Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Banned?

A lot of new users on my forum are recieving a message like:

The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the administrator click here
    Upon registration.
    At first I thought this was an issue with the plugin that I was using, but that has since been disabled and then uninstalled, and the same problem still occurs.
    I've also checked my list of banned emails, and the emails they are using (mostly yahoo/hotmail/aim) are not listed under my banned email domains (Aggressive banning is also off).

So i'm slightly stumped as to what's going on here.

Anyone think they can help?

How are you listing your banned email addresses?
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

just listing them like

fakedomain.com
      fakemail.com
      spammersareus.com

etc

with a few known spammers actual emails there.

Comment

bump... any other ideas guys?

Comment

cracked it.

I've had this problem too. however I think I've solved it - I had a mail.com in my spammer list.
          as vBulletin works from the end of the address, I suspect that gmail.com and googlemail.com are being being banned as a result. the way to prevent this is to add an @ to mail.com so that vBulletin sees it as a discrete domain - @mail.com as opposed to *mail.com as it sees now.

I think it's probably good practice to add @ to the beginning of every domain to be safe.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X