Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upload failed (know reason, dont know solution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload failed (know reason, dont know solution)

A lot of the time my members try to upload pics that are larger than the max allowed. They will get a simple "Upload Failed" error and not know why. Is there any way of changing this message?

You can search for and change that text in your:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

You might also consider letting the forum automatically resize the images. If you have a working image library setup:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

And your forum is set to resize images:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Resize Images

Then it will automatically resize uploaded images to conform to the maximum dimensions that are defined in your:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager

Also, be mindful of this restriction in the includes/config.php file:

Code:
    // Image Processing Options
    // Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin. If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings.
    $config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 2592;
    $config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 1944;

Comment

I will mess with the config file now...I am using GD for an image library and have all the resize settings properly set, still getting the error. Do I need to switch to ImageMagick?
      Last edited by MikesSite; Mon 10 Aug '09, 8:12pm.

Comment

ImageMagick will work if your server has it installed. But you need to get the path for the ImageMagick binaries from your host to enter it into the options.

Comment

I am still getting this error. I have ImageMagick installed and running. Wondering how to get it to resize the image size. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X