No announcement yet.

Anyone had success with Social Groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had success with Social Groups?

I haven't - they've been a big flop on my forum. I wonder if anyone has had success with them? And if so, what's the secret to your success.

I'd also say the myspace style profiles add very little and the albums are not used at all. I'm almost inclined to turn back the clock to earlier vb's without all the bells and whistles that have little substance.

Sorry if this comes across very negatively, I still think vb is easily the best forum sofware - just a lot of the new features haven't proven particularly popular.

If you do not like the features, you can turn them off, no?

Comment

I am very happy with the new features, even though they are half done. It mainly misses forum integration. vb4 should resolve that.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

My members discovered social groups before I had a chance to turn them off. It's been pretty successful for not doing anything to promote it. There are about 60 groups on a forum with nearly 6000 members.

Comment

Ours are not super successful, but the people who love them? LOVE them.

I have resigned myself to stop worrying about their success by what I consider success and if the people who use them are happy, then so am I.

For us, they are kind of like an off- off-topic zone that is less moderated than the main area.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X