Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB DB Error

Hi,

I've recently moved our forums to a new server and changed config.php to point to the new SQL server. Everything is working fine, but I'm getting hundreds of emails with the following error:

Code:
    mysql_pconnect() [<a href='function.mysql-pconnect'>function.mysql-pconnect</a>]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'OLD SQL IP' (4)
    OLD FORUM URL/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    I wonder if anyone can tell me what's not working properly. There are some problems with our templates too but I suppose since it's a custom template I will have to figure those out.

Thanks,

Assuming the db info in your config.php file is correct, this is a server issue. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This is what I did and errors are gone for now. MySQL was running on local IP address, and I changed it to 'localhost'. What I don't understand is why it was trying to connect to a SQL server that no longer exists...

Comment

Errors are back. If that helps, I'm hosting the db and forums on the same box.

Comment

If it's the dame error then the same issues apply. vB can only use what you have entered in the config.php file. Assuming that info is correct, then this is a server issue.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It was all my fault after all. Because some templates were still pointing to the old server address I left a copy of the forum where it was so that links would still work. It seems like something is pointing to the old SQL server using the old links and causing all those errors. I'm going to have long day of going through all my custom templates to clean up the mess

Thanks Steve,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X