Meh, Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh, Please Help

So I am still trying to set up my test board, and still can not get it to work. I asked for help on another site but the guy was completely rude, so whatever.

I can not get past step 2.

The problem is, I have entered my database username, my database, and my database password correctly. I have checked it about 10 times now and it still gives me this funny error.

I keep getting this message:

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

That is definitely a problem connecting to the database.

Ask your host to confirm what the database username and password should be.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

As stated by the previous poster, you get that error only when the information you are entering in the config.php file does not match the information used in setting up of the database. Either you are not entering the information correctly, or you do not have the correct information.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

May I just confirm one thing?

These are the only lines that need to be edited in the config.php file, right?

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'forum';

$config['MasterServer']['username'] = 'root';

$config['MasterServer']['password'] = '';

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well, those are the bare minimum.

Also
          // ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
          // Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
          $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = '';
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Here is the online documentation explaining the config.php file and variables:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/editconfig
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I figured it out.

Do I have to report my test forum anywhere?

I have registrations shut off and the forum offline as well.

Comment

You don't have to report a test forum. The license agreement allows you to set up a test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X