Clear All

• urgent : notes still coming even i disable it

I have disable note feature for all from admicp

and even from member groups

but sometime still coming with script inside

is it a bug ???

i want to get rid of notes to be shown on my forum

as someone has add script inside that shows bad images in notes

1. Try uploading original vBulletin version non-image files in ASCII mode (except install.php and images folder) to overwrite those on server

2. You can just try this to see if you have any files that do not belong or have not been overwritten from an upgrade.
      Admin Control Panel > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]
    3. Disable plugins from file includes/config.php and add this right under <?php on the next empty line or uninstall any modification(s) that have not been updated to work with new vBulletin stable release

PHP Code:
      <?php
      /*======================================================================*\
      || #################################################################### ||
      || # vBulletin 3.8.3 - Licence Number -------
      || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
      || # All PHP code in this file is ©2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. # ||
      || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
      || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
      || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
      || #################################################################### ||
      \*======================================================================*/
      Code:
      <?php
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
      || #################################################################### ||
      || # vBulletin 3.8.3 - Licence Number --------
      || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
      || # All PHP code in this file is ©2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. # ||
      || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
      || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
      || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
      || #################################################################### ||

4. To create a new style, click the [Add New Style] link underneath the main body of the Style Manager.

This will bring up the Add New Style interface. You then choose [No Parent Style], next view using new style and do you still get this message.

Comment

I don't think any plug in has effect on this issue especially all hacks has been installed from vb.org and they are few>>>only 6 hacks and not releated to notes

i want to trace how come the notes come out even i already disabled it from admicp options ???

if you can specify which templets releated directrly to view notes

thanks

Comment

You see them? Or others do?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          You see them? Or others do?
          '

sorry for the delay

the answer is : me as admin and other members can see it

I am afraid there are a bug that been used by bad people to show bad words and images on forumdisplay in spite of disable notes feature in admincp

as temporary solutions I deleted all the codes that can show notes

Comment

no images would display on the forumdisplay via notes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X