Akismet API key needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akismet API key needed!

Forgive me if this is redundant but I have searched and read and searched again to no avail, just WHERE does one acquire the Akismet API key?

I have used this with my wordpress blogware and even MyBB forums but since their support was poor and product inferior I upgraded to vB however I cannot locate where to get the API key here.

I may be tired and half blind as a result, but I do not see this in any of the search results returned here, does the original API key for wordpress also work on vB forums too?

Please let me know what I need to do to implement this before my members are totally offended, unfortunately it is a niche group and the usual forum limitation tactics will only put members off from signing up, after all they are primarily Grandparents!

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

TSG!

http://akismet.com/personal/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the expedient response, I did already HAVE an API key for both my Word Press blog and MyBB forum software, but saw no indication that this was valid for use on vBulletin, maybe that should be inserted in to the ACP description under 'Spam Management' instead of stating implicitly that one would need a vBulletin API key?
      vBulletin Anti-Spam Key
      Enter a vBulletin Anti-Spam service key to enable scanning of user data where supported.
      Or am I wrong in my assertion that this was the key to use?

Following the link provided only brought me to WordPress' Akismet page, which describes it's use, and offers a module download option for WordPress, as well as stating compatibility with over 20 other applications, of which vBulletin is not listed, so despite stating support for those 20 plus, other applications, the list does not refer to vBulletin at all, which is what prompted my question/post here, and now leaves me to wonder if there is something more I need to do aside from entering the API key in the "anti-spam" section of vBulletin options page?

How does one determine it is working, and isn't there also "levels settings" or "Message Score" values to adjust the level of scrutiny any member posts will be scanned at?

Thanks again for any additional input where the use of this is concerned, and how to ensure it is being used properly and to it's best proficiency!

TSG!

Comment

Hi i have this same questions to as my forums has lately been attack by bots, even though I enabled COPPA, it doesn't seems to work at all.
        iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

Did you get this resolved? I am at exactlty the same spot 5 years later.

Comment

You sign up here:
            http://akismet.com/personal/
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X