Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A public album that all members can upload to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A public album that all members can upload to?

VB 3.8.2 - Is it possible to create a public album that all members can upload pictures to? For example, an album of member photos that would allow any member to upload a photo of themselves.
    Fergal Crawley
    Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

i use http://www.photopost.com/
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
      Thanks for that WEBDosser.

Is there an easy way to allow all members upload images to an album in VB, without using external software?
      Fergal Crawley
      Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Originally posted by DiscussBusiness View Post
        Thanks for that WEBDosser.

Is there an easy way to allow all members upload images to an album in VB, without using external software?
        Create an account for that purpose and let everyone know what the password is?

Account name: PHOTOS
        password: password

maybe?

Comment

In their present state, no. The staff guys usually go out of there way to stress that the albums, as they are today, are not meant to replace a usual 'gallery' application. Short of sharing an account like suggested above, you're looking at either a custom hack or going with a gallery app.
          [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Abomination - thanks for the suggestion, very simple and practical, I like it.

Thanks for the reply KW802, I'm not looking for anything external, just a simple solution.
            Fergal Crawley
            Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination View Post
              Create an account for that purpose and let everyone know what the password is?

Account name: PHOTOS
              password: password

maybe?
              Just had a thought, would everyone with a password be able to delete all the pics?
              Fergal Crawley
              Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Just had a thought, would everyone with a password be able to delete all the pics?
                Indeed. So that isn't a handy solution.

It would be real nice to have albums multi ppl can upload in. We have regulary events, and it would be nice that people can upload a picture in the album of that event, rather their own album.
                Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

Abomination - thanks for the suggestion, very simple and practical, I like it.
                  No problem

And this is the downside.

It depends completely on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to have the equivalent of a chalkboard where anyone can put something up and anyone can erase having 1 account would work.

Or anyone can have their own album.

Another option I noticed the other day was smugmug has their most expensive package setup so there is an 'assistants' login account, they can put up pics and arrange but do not have delete capabilities. Other picture hosting sites might also be able to do something like that.

I am not affiliated with smugmug in any way.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X