Mass username change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass username change

I was asked by a friend to build a vBulletin site and populate the user base with information provided via an Excel spreadsheet. This friend requested that all of the user names be their email address, although I recommended they used something else. Now that the site is completely populated, they agree that we should not have used an email address for the user name. I know there has to be a better way to change all usernames without having to manually change each user.

I have backed up the user table from the database and saved it to my drive. My goal is to is to use Excel to modify the CSV file and restore the modified user table to the server. I have yet to find how to upload the new table to the server once I have the modified table ready to replace the table living on the server.

I always use SQL files. I have never tried using a CSV file for that purpose.

I would probably write a PHP script to parse through the user records to make the desired changes. If you have some coding ability then you can post on www.vbulletin.org for help with this.

Comment

Thanks Jake. BTW, In-N-Out Rocks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X