Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Forums down completely

Hi all, I need some urgent help please.

I was playing around with vbadvanced, trying to add a new module (which didnt work) and now suddenly none of my forum links are working. Anything aside from the CMPS homepage says

vbulletin message:
    "Invalid Page specified"
    I have gone through and deleted all the new modules and pages i created with the CMPS and even ran the upgrade.php again and yet its still not working.

My site has only been launched 6 months so im a new webmaster. What do i do???
    www.aussietravellersforum.com - Share your view of the world

You should ask over on www.vbadvanced.com since its their product
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

Yeh i have asked over there also. But no threads or anything are working, the only thing now working is the CMPS

Comment

Is it being pointed to the correct url? Have you tried disabling it and see if its still causing the error?
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"

Comment

Yes the error is still there when it is disabled

Comment

We do not provide support for third-party add-ons here. Please respect that.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

And it is pointing to the correct URL (i have not changed any folders or uploads or anything)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                We do not provide support for third-party add-ons here. Please respect that.
                I understand this Steve, but it seems to be a problem with my actual VB as opposed to the CMPS. If i type the direct link in aussietravellersforum.com.au/forums/index.php (or any other variation) it gives the error

Comment

Not sure about that since this started after:
                  I was playing around with vbadvanced, trying to add a new module (which didnt work) and now suddenly none of my forum links are working. Anything aside from the CMPS homepage says
                  Nonetheless assuming this has nothing to do with your add-ons then you will need to remove them. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Have you tried possibly re-uploading all of your vBulletin files?

Comment

Originally posted by EF91CRX View Post
                      Have you tried possibly re-uploading all of your vBulletin files?
                      This is the only thing i have not yet tried, and is looking like my only option...

Comment

Just a quick question before i upload everything again.

In what folder is the config.php usually stored? As i cant seem to find it. Perhaps this is my problem/ It has been moved or deleted somehow?

Comment

/includes

Comment

Yeh found it, it is there.

Ok i will upload everything again and let you know what happens

Comment

Well i uploaded everything again and now i cant even access my adminCP! As soon as i go throught the 5 step process (it says everything is installed etc) and go to log in to the AdminCP it just goes to the original "Invalid Page Specified"

Does this mean its stuffed totally? Any other suggestions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X