No Private Groups in VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Private Groups in VB

I've been trying to set up a private group that is indeed 'private' but can't find a way to do that. The messages are available to everyone! I also want to download (medical) documents into albums available only to the group but those are available to everyone as well. The purpose of some of these groups is to be private - to be able to download private (medical) information - that should not be available to all.

Is there no way for a 'group' discussions, etc. -which by itself suggests a certain degree of privacy - to be private?

If not is that something VB will create in the future? Hopefully I'm wrong about this - for me its an essential (and I have to say rather obvious) part of having at least some groups.

It's easily done with what you have. Set a new usergroup up and only assign the people to it that you want to have access to the content (secondary usergroup). Set up a new forum where you want the content to reside, and make it only viewable by the new usergroup you just set up.
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Thanks Bigwater - that's great news. Is it possible to have albums/photo's etc available only to that group as well?

Comment

I don't use albums, so I'm not intimately familiar with them. Albums appear to be solely user based though, with no way to restrict them by groups. There is however an option when creating albums to make them public so everybody can see them, or private so that only contacts and moderators can see them. I guess in a round about way you could limit the specific albums in question to that group by making sure your users know to always post group related albums as private, and only add people from that group to their contact list. Kind of kludgy, I know. Maybe somebody else who's got more (any) experience with albums has a better idea.
        Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X