X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double-six
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael2 View Post

I use a mod that sorts threads alphabetically so I assume there's one for forums as well but not sure.

Originally posted by double-six View Post
    Do you know the name of the mod which sorts threads alphabetically?

Actually ignore that as I've found the feature is built into vB!

For reference, you go into the admin CP, go to 'forums & moderators' > 'forum manager' > 'edit forum' then change 'default sort field' to 'thread title'!

Leave a comment:

• double-six
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael2 View Post

I use a mod that sorts threads alphabetically so I assume there's one for forums as well but not sure.
    Hi,

Do you know the name of the mod which sorts threads alphabetically?

Leave a comment:

• knucklenitz
    replied
    For the time being, I ended up taking Michael2's suggestion and starting out with 10, 20, 30, etc...

Leave a comment:

• hornstar6969
    replied
    You should request this feature here as well because I am sure it would benefit many to be able to have it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Originally posted by knucklenitz View Post
    Setting the display order would be more time consuming than it sounds. Especially since I will be adding new categories over time.
    It doesn't have to be. Instead of numbering your categories 1,2,3,etc. number them 10,20,30,etc. That way you can add forums in between (11,12,13,etc).

I use a mod that sorts threads alphabetically so I assume there's one for forums as well but not sure. Either way that's something you'd need to post about on vbulletin.org. If there isn't one already may be see if someone there can make it for you.

Leave a comment:

• GraViTY
    replied
    sorry there is no option for that...try looking for a mod at vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• knucklenitz
    replied
    Alphabetize

I meant to say 'alphabetize' the categories initially which is definitely different than just sorting them as I'd like them.

Setting the display order would be more time consuming than it sounds. Especially since I will be adding new categories over time.

Leave a comment:

• GraViTY
    replied
    you an change display order & click save display order
    it would take you 60 seconds...faster then asking here...

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    You can number them in the order you want them. Other than that you'd probably need to check vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• knucklenitz
    started a topic Alphabetize Forums

Alphabetize Forums

Hi-

I have 40 or so categories with two forums each. Is there a way to categorize the initial categories automatically? Without editing the display order as I will be adding new forums over time and that would be a real pain to have to reorder each time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by knucklenitz; Mon 22 Jun '09, 8:36pm.