RSS Feed Manager Does Not Update Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed Manager Does Not Update Correctly

I set it up so that my wordpress blog's RSS feed (via Feedburner) will send posts to a specific spot in my forum; however, it doesn't continuously update (even though I ask it to check every 20 minutes).

It only works if I run it manually (which sort of defeats the purpose of having it be an automatic scheduled task...)

Ideas?

The only plugin I'm using is VBseo so I'm sure it's not that.
    ChrisGuthrie.net - Forums and Blogging

Note that RSS feeds are handled by a scheduled task:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> RSS Poster Robot

By default this runs every 10 minutes. If you are testing your setup, then you can manually run these tasks to see that the appropriate changes are being made.

The task system is driven by page loads. If your forum isn't very active for a period of time then the tasks might be delayed.

Also make sure your forum URL is correct because that is used to call the tasks:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

And try reverting your footer template because it contains code that drives the task system:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Common Templates (in the menu) -> footer

Comment

Hey Jake,

Thanks for the detailed response. I reverted my footer, I looked at my forum URL and that was correct (it states to not have a trailing / but if that's not the case...)

But yes the forum is currently an unlaunched forum. I am still working on it before it goes... so what I'll do is just reply back if it still doesn't work.
      ChrisGuthrie.net - Forums and Blogging

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X