Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS usage for subforums?

Hi,

Running 3.8.2 on Amiga.org, and I have a quick question about RSS inheritance.

I have a set of news forums set up as sub-forums to the "News" master forum like this;

News
    -- Announcements
    -- Events
    -- Hardware

and so-forth.

In my example, "News" master forum is forumid=2. The subforums start around forumid=35 through 40.

The problem I have is that http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=2, which (IMHO) SHOULD be picking up the news for sub-forums underneath it, isn't.

What can I do to get my news published in one RSS feed using sub-forums?

Wayne Hunt
    Wayne Hunt
    Site manager
    amiga.org

You have to manually specify each subforum. It doesn't automatically include children.

f=X,Y,Z

Comment

By "manually specify", do you mean there's zero way to get ?f=2 to include the sub-forums?

If so, that's EXTREMELY disappointing and shortsighted from what is otherwise a fantastic product.

FYI: The reason I do the separate sub-forums for news this way is to allow for each subforum to have it's own distinct "category icon" to be displayed.

Any chance of it being fixed any time soon?
      Wayne Hunt
      Site manager
      amiga.org

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Hunt View Post
        By "manually specify", do you mean there's zero way to get ?f=2 to include the sub-forums?
        I don't know of any way. Of course you can modify the code to do it, but you need to post on www.vbulletin.org for help with this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X