Forum error 403

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum error 403

I have a major problem because I think I've just crashed my website. I have VBulletin installed on the server and I wanted to add RSS feeds to it. The message came back that I had to change my .htaccess files permissions to below a certain number (can't remember what it was). Anyway, I went to CPanel and changed the permissions.

I basically unchecked the top 3 buttons in the permissions box. The number dropped to I think: 0311, or something like that. (Read, write and something else)

Now I can't access my website and my CPanel FTP manager won't open the file again for me to change it back to 0755. It tries to load data, but then stops with the message data error.

The error log in CPanel says: [Sat Jun 20 11:22:23 2009] [crit] [client 64.235.121.209] (13)Permission denied: /home/armyride/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Please help me...I have no idea about any of this stuff

Have you tried contacting your host to fix that?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Lynne you're a star!

I didn't know that I could do that. I contacted Site Ground via their ticket system and 20mins later I was back online.

Thanks you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X