Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish characters within vbulletin

Hi everyone.

I purchased and started converting phpbb to vbulletin yesterday.
    Great piece of software!

I had of course various issues during the migration, but not related to vbulletin itself.
    However, after installing the 3.8.0 polish language pack I can't seem to make the vbulletin links / buttons display properly when running the polish version. All content polish special characters display properly (i.e. thread names, posts etc) but vbulletin links / buttons are cut at the spot a special character should be displayed. For example: top header link "Społeczność" (Community) only displays "Spo" and "Hasło" (password) says "Has" etc. The same goes for any polish version vbulletin texts like clarifications, informations etc. Everything, even long sentences get cut at the spot where the first special polish character would be.

Things I tried so far:
    -forcing UTF-8 through config.php
    -changing ASP polish language coding to UTF-8
    -reinstalling the polish language pack few times

I couldn't get any help with this on the polish forum so far.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by domostroy; Thu 18th Jun '09, 9:18am.

This might be worth a try:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=20

It's been working for us using German Umlauts.
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Thanks a lot for you reply. It worked partially.
      Now the words and sentences are not cut anymore, but display weird characters instead. Some progress though, now you can at least guess what the texts say at least

Now if someone can further assist with correcting the special characters, please....

Comment

Ok, after converting the language pack to UTF-8 I edited the wrong characters manually. Almost all are done now.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X