how do you get notification that someone replied to your thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you get notification that someone replied to your thread

Is there anyway to set up the forum so that the person that started a thread is notified via email if someone responds to the thread?

thanks

Originally posted by hue95 View Post
    Is there anyway to set up the forum so that the person that started a thread is notified via email if someone responds to the thread?

thanks
    That person may subscribe to his/her own thread with email notification.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

is there anyway that by default people get notification if someone responds to their thread?

Comment

You mean for every reply? No. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I posted this query yesterday and wonder if you might be able to assist me?

Cheers

Patrick

----------------------------

Hi folks,

I'm a noob...

Purchased vBulletin 3.5.4 a few years back to host our martial arts forum but had to get a colleague to set it up, in spite of the "easy-to-set-up" advertisement. Yes, I'm technically retarded! Admittedly, however, it's been surprisingly simple to oversee ever since.

That said, I've never done an upgrade or even know how to do such a thing - kind of a simple rule; "if it's not broken, why fix it?"

I have two questions:

#1. I have approx 700 subscribers, none of whom have ever had a single problem using our [vBulletin] software, until now. One subscriber [our most active] complains that he' not getting any notices to his many posts! I've checked his subscription several times and even tried making a new account for him, but to no avail.

What should/can I do?

#2. I've only noticed, since joining this forum, that it's possible to download the latest 3.8.3 version of vBulletin. As a license holder am I able to do this for free?

Thank you

Patrick McCarthy
          Last edited by Patrick McCarthy; Thu 18th Jun '09, 4:12pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
            One subscriber [our most active] complains that he' not getting any notices to his many posts! I've checked his subscription several times and even tried making a new account for him, but to no avail.

What should/can I do?
            Try another email address from another email provider?
            Notices could go to the spamfolder at the present provider.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Hi Beishe8,

Thank you for your help. I believe that the subscriber's already tried this - but I'll ask him to try it [again?].

BTW, I wonder if there's a way to increase the search for new posts parameters?

If I've already read all the new posts within a set 24 hour period, the mesage I get when clicking on the "new post" tab looks like this, "Sorry, there are no new threads to view. You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here."

Is it possible to widen the search parameters; i.e., 48 hours, 1 week, 1 month, and or 1 year, etc.?

Cheers

Patrick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X