Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to make it so when users click "New Posts" it shows all the past 24hr posts even if they are unread, read, replied to, etc. all the time?

If not, is there a way to change how long a thread is removed off of "New Posts" after it has been read?

Originally posted by slinkyman View Post
    Is there a way to make it so when users click "New Posts" it shows all the past 24hr posts even if they are unread, read, replied to, etc. all the time?
    Clicking on "Quick Links" > "Today's Posts" would do that.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Clicking on "Quick Links" > "Today's Posts" would do that.
      Alright, thanks. Is there a way to replace the News Posts link with the Today's Post link?

Comment

If you're going to make some changes, why not give your users some choices. Check this thread out. It's easy to do and I have attached a picture of what it looks like on my forum.

My users love it!!

Link to picture: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...9&d=1245015957

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone know how I can take the functionality of Today's Posts and apply it to New Posts? So when a user clicks new posts, it will actually be doing the function of Today's Posts.

Comment

Go into the navbar file of your current template and look for the following.

HTML Code:
            <td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew">$vbphrase[nav_new_posts]</a></td>
            		</tr>
            		<tr>
            			<td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[nav_todays_posts]</a></td>
            Replacing it with this will make the "New Posts" link go to the today's posts link you are talking about:

HTML Code:
            <td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[nav_new_posts]</a></td>
            		</tr>
            		<tr>
            			<td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[nav_todays_posts]</a></td>

Comment