Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing breadcrumb list

Sorry, not sure where to post this.

In the top where there is the breadcrumb links, the topmost link points to the forum home, and it has accesskey 1.

I need to change this. This is hard to explain though.

You know how when you are viewing a particular forum, it has [name of forum] > [category], with the name of the forum underneath?

I kind of need the same thing on the forum index. I need [name of web site] (which is different than name of forums), with the name of the forums underneath. When a user is viewing a particular forum, it should have:

Code:
    [site name]  >  [forums name]  >  [category]
    With the name of the particular forum underneath as it usually is.

So basically I'm trying to make the forum index on a secondary level instead of primary. I already have my home page as the primary level by using VBadvanced, but I want to make it consistent.

So how can I do this?

Open the navbar template and find the following:

Code:
    <td width="100%"><span class="navbar"><a href="$vboptions[forumhome].php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="1">$vboptions[bbtitle]</a></span> $navbits[breadcrumb]</td>
    Replace it with:

Code:
    <td width="100%"><span class="navbar"><a href="$vboptions[homeurl]">$vboptions[hometitle]</a> > <a href="$vboptions[forumhome].php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="1">$vboptions[bbtitle]</a></span> $navbits[breadcrumb]</td>
    That will pick up the URL and homepage title from AdminCP > vBulletin Options
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
      Open the navbar template and find the following:

Code:
      <td width="100%"><span class="navbar"><a href="$vboptions[forumhome].php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="1">$vboptions[bbtitle]</a></span> $navbits[breadcrumb]</td>
      Replace it with:

Code:
      <td width="100%"><span class="navbar"><a href="$vboptions[homeurl]">$vboptions[hometitle]</a> > <a href="$vboptions[forumhome].php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="1">$vboptions[bbtitle]</a></span> $navbits[breadcrumb]</td>
      That will pick up the URL and homepage title from AdminCP > vBulletin Options
      Thanks. That helps for every page of the forums except for the forum index, because the navbits variable is not an array when on the forum index.

Can I link to a few pages as an example?

This is my home page. As you see, the breadcrumb section is pretty much the same as it usually is on the forum index, except it leads to the site home page.

Now here's one of the categories. So now it goes from the home page, to the forum index, and shows the name of the category underneath.

I want the forum index to be exactly like that, but to only show the home link and then have the forum title underneath, kind of like the category would show up if I hadn't made that change.

Thanks again.

Edit:

Nevermind. I just copied what was in the first part of the condition and matched it to what I wanted for the forum index, and it works now.

One other related question though. Is there an easy way to change where the top image link directs, where the logo is? I'd also like to have that go to the home page.
      Last edited by pianoperformer; Wed 17th Jun '09, 5:58pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
        You can change that in the header template
        Oh, worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X