X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pengrus
    replied
    Originally posted by pengrus View Post
    Assume when they created the subscription, their VB email = paypal email. But a month later, he changed his VB email to something else. And he cancels the recurring subscription before the 1 year term, is VB smart enough to automatically end his subscription? When does VB end it? What field/information does VB use to link the cancellation to the member subscription?
    Still like to know the answer to this. Could any vBulletin developer answer this?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can't 'sign up for another 500 MB' in the default vB. There is no feature like that. Maybe I can give you a better answer if you explain what you are asking. However the only options in vB concerning space have to do with attachments and this is by usergroup. That is what my answer addresses.

Leave a comment:

• mkernel
    replied
    How the subscriptions are handled I can't say - but I do know that they are handled pretty seamlessly.

The only problem arises when someone contacts you directly asking for cancellation of a subscription and the emails don't match. Then it can be a guessing game figuring out the emai - but I just tell the user to tell me their Paypal email otherwise I can't help.

Leave a comment:

• pengrus
    replied
    Steve,

I don't understand your answer. Here is my question:

1. User sign up for 500MB space, once he used it up, he sign up for another 500MB. The subscription type has two, 500MB, and 1000MB.

Should he sign up for another 500MB, or should he cancel the 500MB, then subscribe to 1000MB? How does VB handle either case?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That would be determined by whatever usergroup he is in, regardless of subscriptions.

Leave a comment:

• pengrus
    replied
    Anyone can help me with these questions?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pengrus
    replied
    Another question is, how do you handle this case?

1. User sign up for 500MB space, once he used it up, he sign up for another 500MB. The subscription type has two, 500MB, and 1000MB.

Should use sign up for another 500MB, or should he cancel the 500MB, then subscribe to 1000MB? How does VB handle either case?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pengrus
    replied
    Steve,

Could you please find out for me? It is important because you may have some missed revenue if the user changed email, canceled and vB failed to remove their subscription, and you did not know it.

Thanks for your kind help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry I don't know. I do know that I never have any problem with cancellations. They go through fine.

Leave a comment:

• pengrus
    replied
    Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply. And that's great to know.

Could you please let me know What field/information does VB use to link the cancellation to the member subscription?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I have not run into any of those issues in over two years of PayPal subscriptions so I don't believe they are a factor.

Leave a comment:

• Paypal Recurring Subscription, Email Change, Cancel question

I am a new vB user and have some question on the way vB manage paypal recurring subscription.

Imagine this:
    1. Member subscribes to a recurring yearly subscription with paypal.
    What happens if the member's email in VB is different than his paypal email, will this create any problem later on?

2. Assume when they created the subscription, their VB email = paypal email. But a month later, he changed his VB email to something else. And he cancels the recurring subscription before the 1 year term, is VB smart enough to automatically end his subscription? When does VB end it? What field/information does VB use to link the cancellation to the member subscription?

Thank you for your help.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X