Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWJ
    replied
    There comes times in life where you have to know your limitations. This is for sure one of mine. I'm no coder - I can only beginner stuff - so I will just have to hope that some day this is solved by some body. Untill then I guess I have to stick with the search code.

Thank you Lynne -> You should have a medal of honour of not only helping me but also the hundreds of other people you already have helped...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I'm sure you can do it if you don't mind adding plugins. I think you just need to add to the $hook_query_where variable using the tags_list_query_limit hook location.

Leave a comment:

• BWJ
    replied
    Thank you for you help. I'm running 3.8.2.

Hmm may be it is not possible for the moment. The only dirty and sure trick I can think of right now is to disallow tagging for all other members except administrator and moderators.... But this solution I'm not too happy about....

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I'm not sure what to say. I use this code in a couple of my forums and it works exactly as I said - in my audio forum, it only shows other audio shows with that tag and in my video forum, it only shows other video shows with that tag. I'm running 3.8.0.

edit: Hmmm, weird, but it doesn't work here. I wonder if it got changed?

edit again: Actually, nevermind. I changed some $tag results code to do that in those forums. Sorry for misleading you, I had totally forgotten about that.

Leave a comment:

• BWJ
    replied
    Yes, I did exactly as you suggested...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you change xx to the forumid you wanted?

Leave a comment:

• BWJ
    replied
    Thank you for your help and support. The problem with the code you suggested is that it shows threads from all forums and not a specific forum...?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    tags.php?tag=whatever&forumid=xx

Leave a comment:

• BWJ
    started a topic search for tags within a specific forum using tags.php

search for tags within a specific forum using tags.php

I would like to make a code that searches for a specific tag using tags.php instead of search.php

E.g. this code works with search.php:

<a href="search.php?do=process&replyless=0&replylimit=0&forumchoice[]=forumnumber&tag=tagname">tagname</a>

I guess it is possible to use the tags.php for a specific forum only, but how? The reason is that tags.php seems to be updated immidiately while search.php needs to have its index updated - which I think makes a significant difference. Furthermore tags.php seems faster to load - at least first time it has a hit.

Any suggestions ?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X