How to add documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add documentation

Hi - I recently added a forum to my web site http://dphs.com/forums and cannot figure out how to add our support manuals (like on the vBulletin main forum).

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

You can do this here:

Admin CP -> FAQ -> Add New FAQ Item
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve - is there a way to add images to the FAQ? Our support documentation has a lot of images.

Comment

You can use standard HTML to do that.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve - where do I save the images - on my regular web site?

Comment

I was hoping to have a section like the "documentation" nav link on the vBulletin site so I could just link to the materials instead of having to reload everything. Is that possible? Thanks

Comment

1. You can save them to any public HTML directory.

2. Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve.

One last question - can I just add the html within the text I post, or does the whole thing need to be in html?

Comment

If you are talking about the FAQ you can add any HTML you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    If you are talking about the FAQ you can add any HTML you want.
                    Steve - I appreciate all the help you've given me so far.. I'm trying to just add a link to the pdf file since many of the notes are so long and I would have to save each picture and upload, etc.

I added this:

Code:
                    <a href="http://dphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/apadjust.pdf>Adjustments in Accounts Payable</a>
                    But nothing appeared. Any suggestions?

Comment

You forget the second quotation mark.

Code:
                      <a href="http://dphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/apadjust.pdf">Adjustments in Accounts Payable</a>

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

of course - thanks so much!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X