Novice (New to vBulletin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice (New to vBulletin)

Ok I know this is probably a simple question to be answered but please don't make fun of me

When making a user group can I just simply put a color in the following section?

Username HTML Markup

Or do I have to use code for that?

You would use something like this:

1st box:
    <span style="color:#xxxxxx">

2nd box:
    </span>

...with 'xxxxxx' being the hexcode of the color you want to use.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Ok a new question.

I have installed well had the shoutbox installed on the forums. Is there a way (and how do I ) to make it NOT show that a thread was posted in. I have a private section that I DO NOT want anyone that isn't approved for that private section to see what is posted in. Right now a plain registered user can see "Hannibal posted in the thread exampltopic" the user cannot view it but they can see that that topic was made.

How can I prevent that?

Comment

I am not even sure how to disable it until I figure it out.

Comment

The shoutbox is a third-party add-n that we do not provide or support. You will need to ask about this in the appropriate thread for that add-on over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks. Now yet another question that I can't seem to figure out. I have the human verification at the maximum but I keep getting registered accounts that post for medications and crap like that. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

No verification method will keep real spammers from registering then turning over the account to a bot for posting.

Please see this thread for things you can do to fight spam: How to Reduce Spam and Registration Bots

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I appreciate all your help. I guess I need to look for a manual.

Comment

If I want to post images for user groups do I put that in the username markup section? If that is the case how?

Comment

Not sure what you mean. There is no option for usergroup images.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well on my old forums (not vBulliten) I had a rank structure and members that are ranked as E-1 PVT this image would be displayed

So I was hoping there was a way to do that on vBulletin. I used SMF on the old site before it crashed and vBulletin was highly recommended so that is why I switched. On the old site I could display that image without having to overide the user's avatar options. That is kind of what I wanted to do here.

Comment

Ahhh, I see. User Ranks are used to add images for specific users and usergroups.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/user_ranks

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Question about using the [code] brackets. I am trying to post this as a code so we can just highlight and put it in signatures for ease. I have removed some brackets so you can see what I am trying to post. Just to make sure doesn't [code] brackets suppose to show the entire "code" so it CAN be highlighted?

[CODE][IMG]http://101stscreamingeagles.net/signatures/recruit1.png[/IMG[/CODE

Now below is what it shows when ABOVE is what you should just be able to highlight. I am sure I lost you by now lol

Code:
                            [IMG]http://101stscreamingeagles.net/signatures/recruit1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Ok nevermind I think I figured it out. Not sure it is the right way to do it but I used the php button and it worked. Is that the right way?

Comment