X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navbar drop down menus problem

Hi there

I have a little problem with my forum.

I integrated vbulletin with my site header, and everything is working ok, but Drop Down menus are not displaying correctly, they are all positioned in the right, and not under the navbar(my display resolution is 1680x1050).

For example:

I am new to vbulletin, hope somebody can help me.

Thank you in advance

That problem is the result of your using CSS positioning in your custom style. That messes up the positioning of the menus. To fix it you need to remove the CSS positioning code from your custom style. In many cases that I have seen the problem was fixed by removing a parent div from the custom style, where the div was positioned using CSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      That problem is the result of your using CSS positioning in your custom style. That messes up the positioning of the menus. To fix it you need to remove the CSS positioning code from your custom style. In many cases that I have seen the problem was fixed by removing a parent div from the custom style, where the div was positioned using CSS.

That fixed my problem

Thank you very much

Comment

Where would this be located and what does it look like?

I have a similar problem that needs to be addressed. Thanks!
        CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

Look for CSS in your custom style that uses the position attribute:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp

Comment

Look for CSS in your custom style that uses the position attribute:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp
            I've looked in the Custom CSS Definitions of the Style Manager and nothing sticks out. The same thing goes for the navbar coding.

Is there someplace else I should look?
            CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X