Unable to write test file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to write test file

I'm changing the directory that the attachments are stored in.
    When I enter the new directory path (vita the Admincp etc) I receive the
    following message:

"We attempted to write a test file to ***(directory path)*****, but we were unsuccessful. Please verify that the web server has write/delete permissions for this path.

I've verified that the path is correct and set the directory permissions to 777 as required. Is there something else I need to do?

Honestly that message is pretty clear and in my experience has never been wrong. That directory is not world-readable and writable. You need to double-check this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Honestly that message is pretty clear and in my experience has never been wrong. That directory is not world-readable and writable. You need to double-check this.

I just double checked it. The webhost techs sent an e-mail confirming that the directory is world-readable & writeable.

Running "ls" returns this for the directory:

drwxrwxrwx 2 nyce nyce 512 Jun 4 00:38 files

Comment

Then the only other explanation is that you are looking at the wrong directory. There really is no other possibility. This remains a server issue, not a vB one.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment