Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Forum Leaders shows error message

Morning all,

I have had a problem over the last few upgrades that has resulted in "View Forum Leaders" producing an error message instead of the page.

The forum is here: http://forums.bfenthusiasts.com/index.php

The error message is:
    Code:
    [B]Fatal error[/B]:  Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 875005 bytes) in [B]/home/bfeforu/public_html/forums/showgroups.php(159) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]13[/B]
    I don't believe any plugins are enabled which affect this page.

Any ideas?

There are, otherwise ther wouldn't be an eval code spiting out an error. You should not be trying to show lots of users/usergroups on this page. It is ment to display staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      There are, otherwise ther wouldn't be an eval code spiting out an error. You should not be trying to show lots of users/usergroups on this page. It is ment to display staff.
      Thanks for that. I managed to find related problems too, with this fixing it, by removing normal users from the search.

I'll look into the plugin problem.

Why does this particular function require so much memory, when other (larger?) searches returning thousands of threads/posts can be performed with no problem.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Its not design to show thousands of results. Its not paged, it will show 1,000,000 users on the same page, that is alot of information to process. It was only designed to show a small group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Its not design to show thousands of results. Its not paged, it will show 1,000,000 users on the same page, that is alot of information to process. It was only designed to show a small group of people.
          Thanks for that Zachery.

If I'm honest, I hadn't used this function before a user asked why the page was broken (I already know who the forum leaders are!) so had little reason to understand it.

It now does exactly what it is supposed to, assuming I have understood the comments correctly, showing members from our staff (admin), moderator and referee groups only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X