How do I get a custom page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a custom page?

this is my site flat4tx.com notice how it goes directly to the forums.... how do I get my site to go to a custom page like these similiar websites

rs25.com
    nasioc.com

They are using addons to do this. Check out www.vbadvanced.com.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Put everything you have at yoursite.com into a subdirectory yoursite.com/forum or yoursite.com/forums.

I did the same thing when I started then did that move. It did break every link to the threads e.g. is someone has a link to a thread on your site it will no longer work because it will be missing the /forum part.

If you are going to make the change I'd do it soon.

Comment

Over at VBCodex there's an interesting discussion claiming it's no longer necessary to move vBulletin to make room for vBa (among other things). See this thread: LINK.
        CLAMtalk.org
        Free resources for children's ministry

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
          Over at VBCodex there's an interesting discussion claiming it's no longer necessary to move vBulletin to make room for vBa (among other things). See this thread: LINK.
          THANK YOU!

now how do i get a news type thing on there like nasioc.com has

Comment

That's a good question to ask Wayne, either here or at VBCodex. I just d/l'd vBa myself and will try creating a couple of new pages in a day or two. (Now that everything at my forum is working as hoped, I want to wait a little bit before I start muckin' about again!)

Of course, the best place to ask vBadvanced questions is at the vBa site.

EDIT: Just saw this.
            Last edited by Tom Finley; Tue 2 Jun '09, 7:23pm.
            CLAMtalk.org
            Free resources for children's ministry

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post

There may be many other ways, but I moved my forums into a subfolder. Low tech solution but it works quite well.

Was not aware of other solutions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X