Text in drop-down menu not visible in one forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text in drop-down menu not visible in one forum

I have moved my vBulletin to a new server. In one forum, the text in the drop-down menus is not showing. At all. In other forums, it is showing.

This is the view in one forum:

And this is the view in the other forum that is giving me the problem. Notice how the text in the drop-down box is not visible:

Thanks in advance for any help.

That is unusual. It may be a client problem. Try a different browser / computer if one is available.

Otherwise I suspect there is a customization that is causing this. You can quickly determine this by temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

Thanks, Jake. I tried all of that--different computer, same result. Actually, the screenshot was from the default style, but I created a new style anyway. Same thing. I disabled all the plugins. Same thing. I checked for suspect files, and found a bunch related to some plugins.

This seems to be happening in forumdisplay.php, so I checked the FORUMDISPLAY template against one that I know works properly, but it was exactly the same.

What's the next step?

Comment

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X