X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micks80
    replied
    Thanks Anne,
    I tried your suggestions and was able to reset my admin access to a different user and log in using that user's credentials.

Cheers
    Mick

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Do you have the AdminCP link in the footer when logged into the forum? If so, you are logged in as an admin and can access the AdminCP with the same password.

If not, here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email.

Browse to your forum and log out if you aren't already. Register as a new user and login as this user.

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's admincp/ directory.

Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Reset Admin Access'. Run it with the just newly registered username.

You have just made yourself admin. And you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who's password you've lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile. Including a password field.

Leave a comment:

• micks80
    started a topic Cannot login into the Admin control panel

Cannot login into the Admin control panel

Hi Friends,
    I am not able to log-in into my "Admin Control Panel" of my VB 3.8.1.I forgot the administrator password and so I did a reset. Now I am able to login using the same username/password at:
    http://www.mydomainname.com/forum

But when I try that at:
    http://www.mydomainname.com/forum/admincp
    it fails.

I tried using tools.php but that did not worked either.I tried directly changing the MD5 hash in the database but that's not working either...

I am confused...is there anything else I can try?