Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellarius
    replied
    Sorry, overlooked the e-mail part. As Steve wrote: The email button will only show if the member has specifically allowed to receive email from other users. Standard setting for this is no. There's no send pn button in vB, but a send pn entry in the dropdown that opens when clicking on the username.

Leave a comment:

• NetRover
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarius View Post
    You have never seen them because they're not there (and not supposed to). Do you mistake vB with other forum software?
    No I know what forum software I have been using since 2004.

I downloaded the buttons from .org and then done a search on here for "Post pm button" and "post email button" and got the above the previous member has quoted from the manual.

clearly not required in the button pack then if they don't use them here either.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    You have never seen them because they're not there (and not supposed to). Do you mistake vB with other forum software?

Leave a comment:

• NetRover
    replied
    Hi there, I have just downloaded a set of nice improved buttons.

It wasn't until this I realise I have never seen a send email button or send PM button on the posts.

In this order I have edit, quote, multi quote, quick reply

I notice these buttons are not your the vbulletin forums either.

email and PM features are enabled.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing Options -> Member List Field Options -> Contact (checked)

The 'Email' button will show for any users that have 'Receive Email from Other Members' set to 'Yes' in their User CP options.

Leave a comment:

• MjrNuT
    replied
    I don't mean to bump but I was able to get the email icon to appear in the memberlist.

However, it does not appear in posts.

Help please?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• MjrNuT
    started a topic No Email Button??

No Email Button??

Hello,

I'm admin of my board and I just can't seem to get the email button to appear in posts as described in the general FAQ.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0

Can I email other members?
    Yes. To send an email to another member, you can either find them on the member list, or click the email user button on any post they have written.
    This will usually open a page that contains a form where you can enter your message. When you have finished typing your message, press the 'send email' button and your message will be sent instantly.

Why can't I send an email to someone?
    If you cannot find an email button or link for a member, it means either that the administrator has disabled email functions for this forum, or that the member has said that they do not wish to receive email from other members.
    I would kindly like some hand holding.

Thanks in advance.