Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellarius
    replied
    I can use this image as an avatar in my testboard w/o problems.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Good suggestion, here is one I put on photobucket to try.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...GT/resized.jpg

-Edit-
    Just tried it on here and it works on here. Hmmmmmmm I found a post by Steve M. on here about the tmp folder being the issue on the server but everything he says in that post is correct on my part. Not sure what's causing it and why everything else works but the avatars being linked from another site, I don't think it really matters because most just upload them theirselves anyways but it's just strange.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Are you trying to upload avatars from a photo hosting site? I seem to recall that some won't allow you to do that. Perhaps you have a link to one that we can try here.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Thanks!

Said no issues and I could turn off the "enable uploads in safemode" thing. I done that and avatars will upload using the "upload" button but still won't let you upload one from another host/site.

-Edit-
    Fixed the forum quote thing, now I just have the issue above and everything will be working correctly!
    Last edited by 92GreenGT; Tue 26 May '09, 9:05am.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Go to Maintenance > Diagnostics > and do a test Upload and see what it says.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    All usergroups have permission that I want to have avatars. Here is what I'm told if I try to upload a custom avatar:

"Unable to move/copy file"

Here is what it says if you try to link one from another site/host:

"Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You need to allow the usergroups to upload avatars (Usergroup Manager). Turning off attachments should not affect your avatars.

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Wow! I'd be broke if my host did that to me!
    Yeah, it's a joke really. The advance search lets me delete as many attachments at a time that I want, thanks! That should really make the database smaller.

Why can't we upload new avatars, is it because we have attachments turned off?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by 92GreenGT View Post
    Haven't asked the host about safe mode, the last time I asked my host a question they charged me $15 and didn't give me an answer.
    Wow! I'd be broke if my host did that to me!

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Haven't asked the host about safe mode, the last time I asked my host a question they charged me $15 and didn't give me an answer.

The search/prune attachments will work but man, is there anyway you can delete more than 10 attachments at a time?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If you post in the Server Config forum, you will need to post a whole lot of info about your forum (see the notice at the top of the forum) and then they will make recommendations on changing some variables in some php/mysql/apache config files. Do you have access to change them? If not, then I'm not sure it will do you much good to post there.

Have you asked your host about safe mode and whether they are willing to turn it off?

Leave a comment:

• 92GreenGT
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Posting in the Server Configuration forum is more for getting your server to run smoothly. It won't help make your database smaller. If you want to delete attachments, you may go to your admin cp > attachments > search > enter criter > Search > then you may delete some that meet that search criteria. Don't forget to run optimize/repair on the attachment table after you are done deleting so that the table size gets reduced.
    Yes I understand that about the Server Configuration forum, I kind of posted two questions in one thread, sorry about that. Reason I mentioned the server configuration forum was that I was going to see if they could help with making our server run better. Since I've never posted there before I just figured maybe I could post in there and they could show me a thing or two that would help with how it runs. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll do that on the attachments, thanks!! Is there no way to save them to the file system besides doing it in the Admin CP(which I can't do obviously because of the safe mode)

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Of course your're right. I overlooked that, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Except he's running in safe mode, so I don't believe he can put the attachments into the filesystem.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    You do store your attachments and other stuff outside the database in the file system, do you? If not, this would be the obvious way to go before starting to delete them if you want to save on database size.

Leave a comment: