Posts out of sight! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts out of sight! Help!

I changed an option in the forum manager a few weeks ago as I thought it was to do with the search engines not the forums search engine stupid me.

Well, this is the option I changed to No:

Index New Posts in Search Engine

Now when I go to that forum there is no posts at all.

The Default View Age is on Show all threads too and the forum is open and active just not 1 thread is there, on the outside the counter hasnt gone down so I know they must be there just hidden from view.

I have checked my admin perms and I have all on yes so I should be able to see it.

I have tried viewing it with Index New Posts in Search Engineon yes and no without any luck.

Our members cannot see this forums content either.

Please help me.

Thank you for your time

Changing that setting would not have caused this. What's the link to that forum?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Code:
      http://www.teenforumz.com/forum-fun-games-quizzes/
      I will quickly allow guests to view it too okay DONE

Comment

It looks like that is actually a category and not a forum. What is the link to a post that you think should be in that forum?

Also try disabling vBSEO and the changes it made to .htaccess. It's possible there is a problem with the redirects it is using.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is definitely a forum, I dont know any of the links to threads that should be there, there was at least 100 in there I have disabled vbseo and theyre still not showing for me.

Comment

Here is the posting options attached
            Attached Files

Comment

I have just made a test thread and it is showing fine, this is very odd.

Code:
              http://www.teenforumz.com/showthread.php?p=152058#post152058

Comment

Did you disable vBSEO and it's changes to .htaccess?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Completely, disabled it via the plugin manager and also deleted htaccess in the root

Comment

And I see it works now: http://www.teenforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Do you have any links to thread that are in that forum but are not showing?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Not one, I am going to attempt disabling hooks now to see if its something else causing the problem.

Comment

With all hooks disabled it is only showing that 1 thread I just made.

Comment

Yes. And how do you know there are more threads? I have asked for direct links to other threads in that forum and you have not provided any. As far as I can tell it is working exactly as it should.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I am really sorry, I have just noticed what the problem was. Yes you are correct it is working perfectly fine. A thread promotion mod over at vb.org has seemingly moved all of the threads within that forum to the forum named Forum Games Hall of Fame, I wondered where they had all gone to lol I am sorry for wasting your time with this. Thank you for your help

Comment

At least the mystery is solved.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X