Cannot change my admin-user options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot change my admin-user options?

I want to change a few things re my admin-user options. For example, I want to change the auto-thread subscription mode from "do not subscribe" to "Instant email notification."

In attempting to make this change, however, I received a message that ""This user is protected from being altered . . . "

I am the only administrator. At the time I sought to make the change, I was logged in as that administrator.

Surely I can make such small changes quite readily? how can I do that?

Okay, I just tried making this change in the admin-user's "User CP" and it seems to have taken. Is that how it's done?

It seems odd that I can make such a change via the User CP but not via the Admin CP.

Comment

You can change it logged in on your forum via UserCP OK. It's blocked within AdminCP to prevent other Admins/Mods from changing you and screwing things up.

Perhaps as a future AdminCP enhancement, the script will recognise that it's you making the change to yourself...
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Trevster, thanks for the explanation. Now I get it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X