Easiest way for admin forum setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest way for admin forum setup

I'm a bit stuck. What is the easiest way to have a "forum owners" section where only two of four administrators have access, but prevent the other two administrators from being able to simply make changes to forum permissions? I'd prefer the setup that requires the least number of granular admin permissions to be disabled.

I'm hoping this made sense. It's late and I'm tired.
    Regards,
    Nick

Admin permissions per admin would allow you to prevent them from playing with permissions.

And then just make an admin forum, click on deny all and restore the admin usergroup. So only admins can see and use it.

Then go to the access masks of those 2 admins, and set their permissions for that forum to no.

Comment

Another way is to make a second usergroup called say .. super admins, and grant yourself and the other admin permission to view it, but not normal admins. Of course, decline permission via admin perms in the admincp to the other admins to manage usergroups and permissions and forums.

Comment

In order to prevent them from circumventing their lack of permissions, I'd need to disable "Can Administer User Permissions", "Can Administer Users", and "Can Administer Forums" which would be preventing them from doing too many of their administrative duties.

It appears as though there is no easy way of doing this. I wish we could setup forums for super administrators only.
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          Another way is to make a second usergroup called say .. super admins, and grant yourself and the other admin permission to view it, but not normal admins. Of course, decline permission via admin perms in the admincp to the other admins to manage usergroups and permissions and forums.
          That's the thing - we don't want to remove their capabilities of editing forums, permissions, users, etc. See my post above.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

then the answer is no.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X