No announcement yet.

Creating subforums listed under forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating subforums listed under forum?

Ok, so it has been several years since I succeeded in doing this in 3.6, so here goes another in a long list of stupid questions I can credit to myself.

In a completely new 3.8.2 I can't seem to create subforums, (my terminology might not be right here)

So if I want a forum named "Ford Vehicles", and right underneath it, and within the same box, a multiple column stack of subforums that may say: Subforums- SUV's, Pickup trucks, Sports Cars, Vans, etc. how do I accomplish that?

An example is on vB's page here, under 3.8.vBulletin 3.8 Questions, Problems and TroubleShooting, right underneath it, within the came box is a subforum listing of vBulletin Quick Tips and Customizations"

Right now, all the vB presets are at default settings.

2 Forums below that on this site, where it says; "vBulletin Impex Import System " there appears a "Impex Bug Tracker" forum, BUT, it does not have the bold text next to it that says "Sub-Forums" like the above vB 3.8 Questions, Problems, etc" does.

How does one make the bold "sub-forums" text appear or not?

Thanks everyone.

In the second instance, "bug tracker" is not s sub-forum. They simply added a link to the bug tracker in the forum description of ImpEx.

You can modify the appropriate template to remove the phrase, "sub-forums".
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

I still can't seem to figure out how to create a subforum where it is immediately under the parent forum within the same rectangle.

Comment

What you're looking for is down to the depth of forums settings. Go to:

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options >
        Depth of Forums - Forum Home

If you only have 1 child forum level under the main forums, then set that to 2. Also set the the following to 1:

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options > Depth of Sub-Forums

If it's still not what you want there, play about with those two and Depth of Forums - Forum Display to get it to what you want.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Changing the comma that separates them to a break and making them in a column looks nice sometimes.
          It would be nice if there were a setting to have it count the forums and allow to split them into two (or more) columns when doing that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X