• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If I understand you correctly, they are right. There is no option to import just some data. You would either have to import all the data, then remove what you don't want, or remove the extra data first then import.

Leave a comment:

• vbscott
    started a topic migrating a forum

migrating a forum

I am a new admin so please if you reply be very specific and excuse my lack of familiarity.

I have started a new forum with a fresh vB package, it is to accomodate a former vB community which was left without when the owner pulled the plug.

We have a sister community, also a vB board, and that forum offered us a temporary forum while we rebuilt our site.

The new site is ready to go public, we are hosted at urljet.com we would like to migrate just the temporary forum from the sister site. Urljet.com tells me that this is not possible, that we can merge the entirety of both forums and then delete selectively but that they cannot pick one forum from the database. They suggest we copy and paste. I have about 200 individual threads, not all of them are critical but we were hoping to just migrate it to a new forum on the new board.

Does anyone have suggestions.

Thanks. Scott
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X