Clear All

• mrdeath937
    replied
    Steve,

I will give that a try. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The usergroup status - both primary and secondary - are returned to what they were prior to the subscription.

I do not know what will happen if you manually change something. I suggest you fully test this out first, perhaps with a test subscription of one day.

Leave a comment:

• mrdeath937
    replied
    Thanks Steve!

If you wouldnt mind, could you clarify one more thing for me?

After the subscription runs out, do both the secondary and the primary usergroups get changed back?

Also, if I were to manually change a subscribers usergroup while they were subscribed, would they stay that way once the subscription ended?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As it works now, vB returns the user to the original usergroup. Changing this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• mrdeath937
    replied
    Extra info:

Ive been trying to test out different ways to do this, but I do not fully understand the subscription process yet. Is there a way to set a subscription length to less then a day? (Im trying to see how my settings effect the user permissions, but waiting each day for it to expire isnt very effective.)

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• mrdeath937
    started a topic Subscriptions

Subscriptions

Hi,

I'm new at this so I was hoping someone may have some advice for a question I have.

What I would like to do is this: I have a paid subscription that is called "Active Contributor". The subscription is set to last for 30 days and it sets the group of the member to "Active Contributor", which allows them access to a few hidden forums. After the subscription expires, I would like the user to be moved into the "Contributor" usergroup. The "Contributor" group has access to only one of the hidden forums.

Is there a way to do this? (Basically, make it so that the user does not return to their original group after a subscription expires, but rather one I specify.)

Thanks in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X