Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    I'm having trouble working this one out without seeing it...

Can you post the moderation rules and posting permissions for Group A and Forum B. I think it's because Greater permissions override when there's a conflict and I don't think you've got it set up correctly to allow for that but can't be sure...

Leave a comment:

• Rizzo
    replied
    The primary group is unable to see the forum - as they need to be in the group B to see it. And they are under moderation.

Group B is able to see and access the forum.

I know this is where the problem lies - but i don't want the primary group to see the forum at all, unless they are in Group B.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Whats the settings in AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions > Post/Thread Permissions for "Group A" in the sub-forum?

Leave a comment:

• Rizzo
    replied
    On my site i have several secondary groups 'pets' 'books' etc - you see these forums only if you are in that group, so they are secondary for that reason.

Yes - that option is set. Any other suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    From Jake's post on the other thread:

In order for secondary group memberships to have any effect on permissions, the primary group(s) in question must have this option enabled:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Allow Users to have Member Groups

If this option is not enabled for the primary group(s) in question, then secondary groups will have no effect on permissions.
    Have you checked this out?

From personal experience, the best way to set this up is a new Primary group rather than a secondary one.

Leave a comment:

• Rizzo
    started a topic Permissions Issue

Permissions Issue

I have a trouble maker group - that is under moderation. This is a primary group.

I then have a secondary group - we'll call it group A.

I have a layout as such

General forum
    -- Forum B

If they post in general forum they will get moderated.

However Group A has permission to post in Forum B - they can just post there with no moderation.

How can i fix this? I have set it that only Admins and Group A can see Forum B - that is the purpose of the secondary group, however people in the trouble maker group still need to be moderated.