RSS Feed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed question

I'm working on getting this set up on my forum.

I'm able to successfully get the feed to bring down the articles down, but each post only shows the title, and a link for more.

Is there a method that can bring in more of the article?

No.. It's set by the originator of the RSS feed.
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

im now setting up rss, though i dont even know where it is, so how do i turn it on
        maybe i should of said, i would like to get this working, so how do i get it started off in my forums please

Comment

bimp

Comment

AdminCP>>RSS Feeds

Comment

thanks
              i know that, but what settings do i need to fill in, as i get nothing going

Comment

What site are you wanting to get RSS Feeds from?
                Cause you need to enter a correct url for RSS Feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ak Worm View Post
                  What site are you wanting to get RSS Feeds from?
                  Cause you need to enter a correct url for RSS Feeds.
                  sorry ive only just seen your reply
                  mmmm maybe im not understanding what RRS feeds are
                  to tell the truth i dont, as im a thicko with computers

i know they help, but in what way im unsure, i just want to get mine going

Comment

As RSS feed is like a micro-version of a published article, and it is updated frequently. You can subscribe to it, which is the equivalent of a push strategy (I.e. your secretary will get news, scan it for you, and if you indicated you would love to read certain stuff, she'll drop those on your desk, saving you from having to keep your eyes on the news all day long hoping for a particular topic to come up).

Subscribing to one allows you to "get the headlines" and a brief summary of the article without having to visit the website it originates from.

RSS integration in vB allows you to create newsbots that will pull in articles and post them on your forum, and you can even limit them to only articles with certain keywords. I found (apart from one particular site) the RSS manager to be real easy to use, and it works flawlessly (apart from that one site).

Comment

i need to pay someone to do this i think, its way above my head

Comment

Check your pms

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scottsmac View Post
                            i need to pay someone to do this i think, its way above my head
                            If you have a link to the RSS feed you want to implement, post it in here, and I can see if I can make it work, and then supply you with a screenshot of the way I had things set up. It's not complicated at all, and no payment neccessary.

Peter

Comment

thanks AfterWorldForum, so these RRS feeds come from other sites, and not my site??
                              so really it helps other sites, and not mine
                              i thought i was feeding other sites, thabks again for your help, nice 1

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X