Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to test to see if you have a virus in your forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Ask your host to restart Apache. That will sometimes fix white pages.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDanley
    replied
    Thanks for the reply.

None of that helped. I've requested Liquid Web move me to a different server to see if that helps. I've been on their server since October of last year, and everything worked great up until a week and a half ago.

Then I started having problems, and it has really become frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Viruses on web pages usually take the form of malicious javascript in the page. I just looked at your forum and I don't see any malicious javascript like that. But I did get a blank page the first time I loaded this link:

http://dirtydozensbunker.com/

Try adding this line to your includes/config.php file to see if the white page shows any specific errors:

Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);
    Does it show any error messages now?

If that didn't help then try adding this line to the same file to disable plugins:

Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    If that didn't fix it then try reuploading the original PHP files from the vBulletin zip file.

It might also be a memory limit problem. Try adding this to the config file:

Code:
    ini_set('memory_limit', -1);

Leave a comment:

• Is there any way to test to see if you have a virus in your forum?

I've been having blank screens intermittently for a week and a half. I've been trying to get the server techs to figure out what my problem is, and they can't seem to find anything wrong. I have reduced memory requirements as much as possible using the thread I found here in this forum.

I just had 3.8.2 installed yesterday. And I am still having intermittent blank screens when you click on a link in my forum. There is no particular page causing a problem. It is all of them intermittently. The forum works great for several hours, and then it acts up terribly.

I've had two or three members say they had a pop ups, and they had to shut their computer off to get away from it.

But..... only three or four members say they have had that problem. Nobody else does.

Any suggestions on how I can go about finding out if I have a virus somewhere?

Thanks,

John
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X