Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bærbar
    replied
    just confused - I just did EXACTLY what this thread says and it does not change my font at ALL... still the same tiny font that my members are struggling with

Pleeeease help...

I need hte font in the post to be the same as in the editor window when they write the font...

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks - now i understand - simple when you know the answer

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    Originally posted by tony adams View Post
    thanks - i am still confused - size in page background is given as 10pt - fine thats that answered

but font family is given as

so which one - they are all different - it does not pick one at random -
    It cascades, left to right, and uses the first style found on the users PC. In your example, if Verdana (the first one listed) is not available then it'll use Geneva (second one listed) if it is available, else it'll use Lucida (third one listed) and so on.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks - i am still confused - size in page background is given as 10pt - fine thats that answered

but font family is given as

verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif
    so which one - they are all different - it does not pick one at random -

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    In that case those CSS values are being inherited from parent classes like Body and Page Background.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks - however if i look in first /second colour on the default css - the font size and family are blank - it is those values i want - they must have some value otherwise there would be no text in a post

the font colour is there - nothing else relating to the font

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The standard is the default for the First / Second Alternating Color CSS classes. You can look at those classes on the Main CSS page.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks jake - i cannot have explained myself well - i want to set the size etc via the options you give for all posters via the CSS for a specific style i have got

i know how to do it just not what it is

all i want to know is what is standard in a post - aerial or helvitica or something else and what size is it 11pt, 12pt

as i say i have played with a few options but not got the new style to look the same a default in that area

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    There is no option to set the default font size / color selection in the post editor itself. If the user does not specify a custom markup in their post, then the font will be the same size as other text on your forum. You can change the font size / color everywhere on your forum by editing the CSS classes:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu)

The post boxes use the First / Second Alternating Color classes.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    started a topic font style in posts

font style in posts

playing with a couple of styles and i want to reproduce the style and size of font used in this post - can see where to change it but everything i try looks slightly wrong

so what is the standard font and size in posts in default style