Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Search i entered a few problem

Hi,

I have a minimum of 4 letters for search BUT I entered a few 3 letter words to the exception in the "Message Searching Options (vBulletin Internal Search) > Words to be Included Despite Character Limit.

Then i rebuild the search indexes. Now instead of saying the word is too short to be searched for, it just says it is not found although i know I should have at least 50000 of that word.

I heard that I had to make some changes on the server level if i wanted the search to be 3letter words but do I need to do this also if my search is 4 letter but has a few 3 letter exceptions? Also, where can i find the instructions to make these changes on server level?

Thanks!

Make sure each forum is set to index posts:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Index New Posts in Search Engine

Also note that searches also use group permissions. If a user doesn't have access to view threads in a specific forum then the search will not find any results in that forum.

Also check which search engine you are using:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Search Type (on the left, not the right)

If you are using fulltext then run a repair to ensure that the search index is up-to-date:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables

If you are using the vBulletin search engine then you can run a rebuild in your:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Search Index

Also note that some of those search settings in the Admin CP only apply to the vBulletin search engine and not fulltext. Fulltext uses some MySQL settings for the word lengths:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/search_type

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X