Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin db automatic backup

Hello,
    my hosting panel is directadmin and I would like to have automatic backups for my vbulletin board. (sql backup only)
    I want that it will export the db, gzip it and then will send it via FTP to another server.
    how can I do this? I have full accesses to the server (freebsd 7)
    פורומים
    IDANTECH Forums
    Facebook Status

Create a script to do the backup, create the tar file and FTP commands. Then set a cron job to run the script daily.
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

I don't know to create shell scripts, do you have a similar script to share with me?
      פורומים
      IDANTECH Forums
      Facebook Status

Comment

There is one included in your vBulletin download within the Do Not Upload folder. Its called vb_backup.sh.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Another useful program is
          http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/

I use it to backup a relatively small mysql file and automatically ftp it to another server on a daily basis.

Or you can set a schedule and save only the last x files to your own server.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

My company is a DirectAdmin provider. The easiest solution would just be to upgrade to a Reseller plan, and you can set automated full backups of your website. You can set the interval, tell it to send the backup to a different location via FTP, etc.
            PNW Moto

Comment

Originally posted by beansbaxter View Post
              My company is a DirectAdmin provider. The easiest solution would just be to upgrade to a Reseller plan, and you can set automated full backups of your website. You can set the interval, tell it to send the backup to a different location via FTP, etc.
              I dont want to make FULL backup, I need only for the sql database.
              פורומים
              IDANTECH Forums
              Facebook Status

Comment

bump
                any other ideas?
                פורומים
                IDANTECH Forums
                Facebook Status

Comment

The database is the full backup.

Comment

No, via DirectAdmin FULL backup means that it will gzip the whole user, files, databases, DA users, configurations etc...
                    פורומים
                    IDANTECH Forums
                    Facebook Status

Comment

Again, there's a script that comes with vB. At that point, all you need to do is modify the cron job at the server level to run the script. If it's too much, you can always modify the script to back up only those items that you need.

There's nothing wrong with backing up your entire site. In fact, it's a good idea to do so on a regular basis. You can always extract only the items you need to restore if you need to do a selective restore for some reason or another.

I do a complete and total backup of my site at least 2-3 times a week, and keep the last 10 backups I've created. This way, if something catastrophic happens to the site, I can restore at a moment's notice.
                      I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        There is one included in your vBulletin download within the Do Not Upload folder. Its called vb_backup.sh.
                        where does the backup file end up? I cant seem to find it. Thanx
                        www.Taiwantrek.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X