Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• CamJM
    replied
    Thanks Steve, I was worried there for a second that I might have a bug

Now the big question is, is there anyway i can have text there that doesn't appear on the homepage description? The text I wish to use is independant of the homepage description text.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    My bad - wrong setting. This is the one:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Enable Forum Description -> Yes

Leave a comment:

• CamJM
    replied
    It only displayed the description in the Forum Listings on the homepage for me. The text doesn't appear anywhere on the forumdisplay page. This could be happening because the forum has a parent forum.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That does display the forum description on the forumdisplay page. Did you try it?

Leave a comment:

• CamJM
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion Steve but actually interested in displaying text above the list of threads within a particular forum rather than than on the homepage. Can this be done?

The reason we wish to put this information within the forum rather than on the homepage is that the contents would be inappropriate for the forum description on the homepage.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> Show Forum Descriptions in Forum Listings -> Yes

Leave a comment:

• Having text in an individual forum above the list of threads

Hi, for one of our forums we're interested in having some text just above the list of threads that explains a bit about what that particular forum is about. Is there a way we can do this? Thanks Cam