• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing only google bots and not guests to browse the forum

is there such a way?

and is it recommended?

thanks in advance

Google will yank your standings in a heartbeat if caught doing that. The bots use the guest permissions if I recall correctly.
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

so is it better to allow guests as well..

are google bots that good for my forum?

Comment

You want traffic to come to your site? I'd let the Google spiders through.
        I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

What about this?

Is there such feature? FCF (First Click Free) ?

EDIT: link - http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=74536

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
              Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
                Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Thanks, but I would like to keep my forum and everything within the supported range from vBulletin team. So I would know whom to bug when things go wrong

Many thanks

Comment

Very frustrating to see Google add this functionality.

I consider it very deceptive to offer your content to Google, but require registration to read it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X