Members viewing Locked Forums??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members viewing Locked Forums??

We have a forum that is supposed to be invisible to our members and that no members other than admin and super mods have access to, yet it keeps showing that regular members are viewing the forum. We sent a message to one of the people that it said was viewing it and she did not know what we were talking about. When you go to the whos online it shows that the members are searching the forums yet when you look at our admin forum that is locked it shows them there. Has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it? I tried deleting the forum and putting it back but that did nothing.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect that they are getting the 'No Permissions' page. There should be an icon on Who's Online to indicate that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's fairly easy to check what anyone, other than an Admin, could be viewing in any particular Forum.

Simply create a new user, with whatever permissions you want to test, and then access your Forums and "see" what you are able to see.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

I know that they are not actually viewing the locked forum because i have asked a couple of them and I also created a test user to see if i could see the forums(which i couldn't)
        I also looked at what they were viewing in the who's online area and it said they were searching the forums.

I just want to know if there is anyway that i can fix the who's viewing a thread/forum thing so that it doesn't show me people are viewing a thread when they actually aren't.

Comment

In a word, no. It will show whatever is happening.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment