Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no option in vB to show more than one user title per user. Given that you must have a modification that is showing more than one title. You will need to post over at www.vbulletin.org for help with that.

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    replied
    No, I use the User Rank for my user group and this rank changes

user rank: Minimum post count:

tTECH newbie 0
    tTECH member 50
    tTECH fan 120
    tTECH addict 250
    tTECH PrO 400

i want deity to show only her title username to show Flawless only.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I suspect 'Flawless' is a User Rank. Did you check?

Admin CP -> User Ranks

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    replied
    here is some sample http://forums.tunedtech.ca/f16/member-australia-4/

you see the username is DEITY and under her username there is 2 user title name theres flawless and ttech newbie

the ttech newbie is from my user title group and this changes when they reach the certain post and the flawless is the custom user title i want to named her!

i only want to show the flawless user title but keeping her in the same user group that i have the ttech newbie on. is this possible?

or do i have to make another usergroup for her so that i can give her separate user title name?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't know. There is only one user title per user in vB. Perhaps you are confusing options or perhaps they are running a modification.

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    replied
    Really? how come i see other forum that powered by vbulletin and they have a custom user title name that show under their username and not showing the group user title name?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no option for custom ranks by user.

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    replied
    but i really want to give some of my user's a custom rank and keep my group rank as it is. so any idea how to do this? anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Wolfegar
    replied
    So, if I understand, you have a group user rank and you've given one or more members a custom title. I'm not quite sure how you can turn off the rank for one member so that he or she just has the custom title.

If when looking at the users account in the ACP you can see "Display Usergroup" underneath "Primary Usergroup" then if your registered group has no user rank to it, you could temporarily switch the display usergroup to registered. Other than that I'm not quite sure what you can do.

On my personal board I only use the user ranks to indicate staff. On another board I help administer we use the ranks for staff and temporary prizes. (Typically one month or until the next contest or something.) So, having custom titles with a user rank really isn't something that happens often.

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    replied
    Ok i have pull up the individual users that i wanted to custom their rank title name and already changed the user rank tittle, the only problem now is it shows 2 user rank title name. the rank i have for the group that i have them on and the custom name that i gave it to them. i only want to show 1 title user rank not 2.

so i can i do this now? thank you in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Wolfegar
    replied
    Yes, they'd be able to edit it themselves, if you adjust the group to use custom titles. In that case, as long as you don't mind doing it on a user by user basis, you can go to the ACP, pull up the individual user and use the Custom User Title; "Yes, Admin Set (HTML Allowed)".

You might not be able to use a graphic for this, but you could use color, bold, italics and even make it scroll with the marquee if you wish.

Code:
    <MARQUEE DIRECTION=LEFT BEHAVIOR=SCROLL SCROLLAMOUNT=1 SCROLLDELAY=40 WIDTH="150" HEIGHT=20><FONT COLOR=#FF6EB4>Custom Title Goes Here.</FONT></MARQUEE>

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    replied
    but if i use this option they will be able to re-edit it anytime they want right?
    i want something that admin can only edit it for them.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfegar
    replied
    A user rank for each individual? I'm not sure, but I don't think it's possible on an individual basis.

You could give the members of a group the ability to use custom titles.

ACP > User Group Manager > [usergroup name] > General Permissions > Can Use Custom Title = Yes

Alternatively, you can edit in a custom title in each user's account in the ACP. Of course, this could get tedious if your board is a big one.

Leave a comment:

• tunedTECH
    started a topic How to creat a rank name for a person?

How to creat a rank name for a person?

Id like to create a title rank name for each person, can anyone help me how to do this? right now i only have a rank title name for each group.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X